web analytics

Offline raven

• The fools will not hinder me
    • View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
CnC 3 Tiberium Wars
« on: March 30, 2007, 08:00:16 pm »
I just dloaded the kane edition and it does not dissapoint.

So far i played only 3 single player missions in the GDI campaign and i can already see whats coming up. The battles are fast based and exciting as ever. The campaigns are like in the earlier versions where we can select one misson from several options. Also we get medals and awards depending on the way we complete a mission.  Also there are lot of stats to digest. Some medals are awarded for the bonus objectives we complete. There are lot bonus objectives in some missions.

One thing new from the demo is the naval support units. I came across a huge batteship just like something from the Supreme Commander. It reminded me of the cruisers and aircraft carriers in the CnC generals. But the battleship in this case fires a very powerful missile, but we need snipers to spot the targets for them.

Its too early for me to say much on this...but so far it has been exhilerating stuff from EA. They have not been spot on with this.....

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
Re: CnC 3 Tiberium Wars
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 08:09:35 pm »
Sounds amazing. Naval units - nice. Nostalgic for Red Alert subs :D.

On a personal note, my copy is about a week away I think. Or maybe I'll get it sooner, cant wait anyway :D.

Offline raven

• View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 11:35:28 pm »
hmm yes....also u still get those tac missions without a base using commandos and snipers.....also the video sequences in between are not bad at all....

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 12:53:35 am »
Speaking of the video sequences -

:D For those who don't know, those are Battlestar Galactica references. The chinese looking girl in the GDI missions is Athena from BSG - damn cute. Haven't seen the rest of the video's so dunno who else is on there.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:56:32 am by Rav »

Offline raven

• View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 08:16:59 am »
i finished the act 1 last night.....its real fun!!! it involved the liberation of Washington DC from Nod. Also there is this intel data base with info on almost every new tech and unit we come across.....its very interesting....

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 11:50:56 am »
shhhhhh, no spoilers pls :D
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 12:09:07 pm »
Yeah......... !!! The masses are still waiting for the game............ Or at least I am  ;D

Offline riptide

• KTHX
  • Real men play RTS.
    • View Profile
    • gamer.lk
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 01:27:03 pm »
Firefly references ftw!
Please read the Forum RMF.

Offline raven

• View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 05:48:23 pm »
Yeah......... !!! The masses are still waiting for the game............ Or at least I am  ;D

gimme a portable HDD n you'll be playin it through da night....hak hak.......im soo occupied with the campaign and still could not play the scrins in a skirmish
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 11:02:09 am »
tx for da game.. :D Finished playing GDI..... started NOD........game's awesome.......... :)

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 10:24:18 pm »
My fav units :D

Predators and Mammoths with rail gun upgrade
Annhialators with Shield

I think I enjoy the annhialators best, just for the sweet sweet graphics and effects when they shoot + disable a building with their EMP burst.

Avatars are kinda boring, but the technology steal upgrade is pretty cool - though I hardly use it. And it's hard when you're avatar spamming to micro manage each n every avatar to upgrade.

Mammoths > * xD Anti air + formidable rail guns pwn all xD

Offline raven

• View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 09:27:48 am »
same goes for me..mamoths are the best......but i like the vertigo bomber also......its damn cool and it can take quite a beating. juggernauts are also cool but there taunts doesnt match.taunts are too playful rather than being menacing
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 04:04:37 pm »
finished this game about 3 weeks ago in hard level. it's realy great. (Y) it seems scrins are the most powerfull ones when it comes to combined attack from air and groud units. i realy like the  gdi juggernates ability to fire any where with the help fro sniper team. yet to play the expantion. it seems kane might be return with the scrin buggers to do more damage to eirth and  gdi.(may be for next major release of the game) overall i feel even when you play the hard difficulty it's not that challanging , regarless of which campaign that you are playing.
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD,ADATA XPG Pro 1TB NVMe, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 06:56:32 pm »
finished this game about 3 weeks ago in hard level. it's realy great. (Y) it seems scrins are the most powerfull ones when it comes to combined attack from air and groud units. i realy like the  gdi juggernates ability to fire any where with the help fro sniper team. yet to play the expantion. it seems kane might be return with the scrin buggers to do more damage to eirth and  gdi.(may be for next major release of the game) overall i feel even when you play the hard difficulty it's not that challanging , regarless of which campaign that you are playing.
Maybe an 8-player skirmish game is your best bet if you want it to look harder!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 09:39:58 pm »
multiplayer is a different aspect in any game. i was talkig about the SP ones. in MP even 1v1 map can be hard cos the other player has more talent, know how etc in the game.
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD,ADATA XPG Pro 1TB NVMe, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.